I bought a few giant cooking apples this week to make apple sauce. I made apple sauce (using this recipe), and I also decided to try making an apple chutney – recipe coming tomorrow. I’m planning to put apple sauce in my morning oatmeal this week instead of the usual banana. I also made these cookie dough balls with apple sauce. There is no need to bake them as they don’t have any eggs or baking soda. Isn’t the best part of making cookies eating the dough? Matt told me that he went to high school with a kid who brought a container of chocolate chip cookie dough for lunch everyday.
Apple Cinnamon Cookie Dough Balls
by Emily Ratzlaff
Ingredients (makes 7 cookie dough balls):
- 2 tablespoons of Biscoff spread (or Almond or Peanut Butter)
- 2 tablespoons of apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons of almonds, ground into a flour
- 3 tablespoons of oats
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla-flavoured brown rice protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of dessicated coconut
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Add sugar/stevia or honey to sweeten the dough if desired.
- Roll into 6 balls. Store in the refrigerator.
I enjoyed these as a snack after my 2 hour run today. I’m currently in tapering mode for the upcoming marathon. I finished my longest training run last week and it felt surprisingly good. I can’t believe it’s happening so soon!