Another overnight oats recipe because I liked them so much. We ran out of peaches so I made a carrot cake version.
By Emily Ratzlaff
Prep Time: 5 min
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup of oats
- 1/3 cup of almond milk (or soy/regular/etc.)
- 1/4 cup of low fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of light cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg and ginger
- Maple syrup to drizzle
Combine all ingredients except maple syrup and mix well. Cover and store in refrigerator overnight. In the morning, drizzle with maple syrup (if desired). Enjoy for breakfast, no cooking necessary.
Nothing too exciting going on around here, although I have had a pretty productive day:
- I had my first pumpkin spice latte in Ireland and it was delicious.
- I did some studying for my upcoming hospital placement.
- I FINALLY finished my research paper – just have to send it in.
- I went for a nice fall run before it started raining.
- I made dinner and now it’s simmering away in the slow cooker.
- And I got some secret things ready for Matt’s birthday tomorrow – can’t wait! (I’m pretty sure I get more excited about his birthday than he does.)
Happy Birthday Matt! (tomorrow)